About the Code
Since the writing of this page, 3 years ago, the situation here has…I would like to say changed but a better word would be “deteriorated”. The code on this site has become a mix and match between ideas and concepts I have/had, some of which work however most do not.
Most of my code is written with my own cataloguing in mind and is rarely orientated towards public release. If you are good at programming you may find little nuggets of gold here from my crazy ramblings, however, if you are new to programming you may have a hard time reading this blog.
I can however make allowances for beginners. If you are a newb to programming and would like a more detailed explanation of one of my posts feel free to post a comment on that post and I will try and find the time to write.
You can mail me at my public inbox.
If you are stuck on something you can email me and ask me if I can make a post on a particular subject.
I have experience in:
- HTML 1-5
- CSS 2-3
- Fixing browser quirks (IE)
- Apache 2.x
- PHP 5+
- Visual Basic (somewhat, used to know lots; wish to relearn)
- Microsoft Access Application Development (somewhat, used to know like the back of my hand; wish to relearn)
- Sphinx Search
- Elastic Search
- Amazon Web Services
- Rackspace cloud
- Java (including Mobile) (somewhat, used to know well; wish to relearn)
- C# (somewhat, wish to relearn)
- C++ (somewhat, wish to relearn)
- Widows Active Directory and Domain Management (including general IT)
- Ubuntu 7.x + Server Administration
- Git (Standalone, Github and Bitbucket)
- Yii 1 & 2
I’m sure there are more things I have done and learnt over my time but I have forgotten some of them. Here are a few things I have extremely limited experience in:
- Assembly Programming
- Small Talk
You must be prepared to have your solution posted on this blog though.